To manage all internal sales activities and staff ensuring departmental functions are completed efficiently and in line with set KPIs with a focus on continued improvement, while ensuring the internal sales department is working towards maximising the company and to achieve on time proposal returns to our customers.
Role and responsibilities:
- Ensure the efficient day to day management of the internal sales department, ensuring all staff are operating to company process and performing within department KPIs, managing and issues in performance with the company HR guidelines.
- Improve the internal sales systems, processes and policies in support of organisational goals to maximize effective, efficient, profitable outputs. Specifically, support better management reporting, information flow and management, business process and organisational planning.
- To compile quotations and proposals for issue in line with the customer's requirement.
- Process orders received in line with business processes.
- Support order reviews through compiling information, attendance and supporting the close out of actions assigned to the department.
- Identify enhancements to support the efficiency of the quoting process.
- Play a significant role in long-term planning, including an initiative geared toward operational excellence.
- Be actively involved in resource planning to ensure operational plans can be delivered to maximise manufacturing revenue, while maintaining development strategies.
- Coordinate, manage and monitor the workings of your team of responsibility to ensure all daily activities are completed above satisfactory levels, always looking to improve and develop.
- Build relationships with internal department heads and core suppliers, look at cost reductions.
- Work collaboratively with department heads to maximise revenue opportunities.
- Set measurable and realistic KPIs, work standards and expectations, where appropriate, in line with company objectives. Regularly review, revise and re-issue as required.
- Ensure all client communication and order processing is managed effectively to achieve clients expectations and customer satisfaction.
- Ensure structured and planned training and development for self and team to maximise skill levels, flexibility, absence cover, etc. Provide timely and constructive feedback on the effectiveness of training and make suggestions for future improvements.
- Ensure achievement of personnel related targets as set out. Provide strong leadership, direction and mentoring, thereby fostering and sustaining co-operation and team spirit.
- Deliver regular team briefings ensuring all staff are clear on operational plans, performance and priorities identifying areas for improvement. Encourage a culture of continuous improvement and teamwork encouraging team members to raise new ideas.
- Strategic input and organisational leadership – Communicate with top level management. Assist in the development of strategic plans for operational activity at management level. Implement and manage operational plans linked to business objectives and future sustainable growth.
- Ensure compliance with all company rules, procedures and departmental work instructions, processes, and systems.
- Ensure accurate communication with all relevant departments on any factors which will impact on delivery and quality to our clients.
- Complete regular (At least quarterly) staff reviews.
- Support with all new recruitment and training.
- Any other duties deemed appropriate by your Line Manager or Director.
If you think you have the skills and experience required for this role, please forward your CV and covering letter, together with why you have applied, what you can bring to the role and your current salary package to email@example.com.