The Regional Sales Engineer is an experienced sales professional that works to expand sales revenue within a targeted sector. The assigned sectors are critical to the company’s strategy and its achievement of long-term financial goals.
Responsibilities will include: new business development; maintain relationships with key accounts; negotiate customer contracts and monitor competitor activity within accounts; qualifying new opportunities and identifying solutions; achieve assigned sales KPIs and sales targets; act as a primary connection between customers and VES.
Travel will be required and company car provided.
Role and responsibilities:
- New Business Development - Increase market share of VES through developing and establishing relationships with end users, primarily in your specialised sector but also supporting regional enquiries led by your RSE colleagues.
- Sales KPIs - Agreed number of visits per week to customer base. Maintain and grow sales pipeline. Achieve sales revenue targets. Develop and maintain customer relationships. Utilise CRM as a sales tool.
- Sell targeted solutions - Identify, understand and propose service solutions that meet customer needs on an ongoing basis. Lead the implementation and the delivery of those solutions across the full customer organisational scope in the target sectors set out in the company goals. Analysing the customer challenges and need, then offering the best solution.
- Be the primary responsible contact between customers and VES - Take ownership and involve the company personnel, including support, service, sales, and management resources, in order to meet account performance objectives and customer’s expectations.
- Customer Relationship Management - Identify and engage stakeholders to develop solutions for the strategic account needs and to obtain information that will enhance customer growth and retention. Act with entrepreneurship in the customer relation to develop close ties with customer.
- Negotiate with industry business partners to close deals for their accounts - Negotiate orders with the best interests of VES in mind. Utilise the senior management team, where appropriate, to ensure VES are best positioned for each potential order. To be successful this includes all information on tendering parties, competitors vying for the same project, understanding of procurement demands and customer account status.
- Solve problems - Develop and use well-defined and proven approaches to analyse and solve problems. Analyse and manage risk to reduce customer impact. Act confidently to ensure customer are reassured when facing problems.
- Interact with projects / operations and service partners -. Provide feedback for sales and service purposes and customer issues to area sales, projects and operations departments.
- Managing conflicts - Mediate conflicts between varying groups (i.e. project / service, customers). Create positive relationships with multiple stakeholders. Provide support to solve issues with end-customers. Solve open cases.
If you think you have the skills and experience required for this role, please forward your CV and covering letter, together with why you have applied, what you can bring to the role and your current salary package to email@example.com