To carry out all aspects of production planning, material control, logistics and order scheduling to meet customer delivery requirements, working accurately and efficiently paying attention to detail utilising business resources in line with capacity plans to generate lean schedules to maximise revenue and cashflow.
Role and responsibilities:
- Provide high levels of customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Advise delivery schedules to clients within departmental KPI.
- Manage and monitor department KPIs and escalate any failing to the line manager.
- Contribute to cost avoidance by managing actual demand.
- Provide support to overcome failings in the schedule to provide fast and effective solutions without impacting client deliveries working collaboratively with all relevant departments.
- Maintain the company database through accurate data input.
- Coordinate client requests to return goods.
- React to changes in demand through expediting and delaying production and purchased goods.
- To draw up production schedules to meet customer delivery requirements within business lead times and labour capacity.
- To monitor work centres to ensure all orders raised are achievable and make adjustments to schedules or resources to meet demand.
- Ensure lean production sequencing throughout all work centers and operations using previously determined sequences and lead times.
- Review and manage production schedules with production managers and key personnel.
- Expedite operations that delay schedules and alter schedules to meet unforeseen conditions.
- Escalate issues with capacity levels preventing client deliveries from being achieved within business lead time.
- Purchase goods to maintain stock and customer demand through MPS.
- Gain order confirmation from supplier of all purchase orders placed by VES within 48 hours.
- Control the on-time delivery of components in line with demand and monitor delivery performance of suppliers, reporting failings to procurement.
- Ensure that manufacturing schedules are not impacted and are aligned with customer delivery requirements, through communication with the client at all times.
- Manage transport requirements effectively and in line with transport targets.
- Manage transport bookings through 3rd party logistics partners and internal dispatch department to meet on time client delivery requirements.
- Manage off site storage in line with client delivery requirements at lowest total cost.
- Work with the team and operations management to improve the operational systems, processes and policies in support of organisational goals to maximise effective, efficient, profitable output.
- Support with ongoing training, development and recruitment.
- Maintain the companies Health and Safety policies.
- All other reasonable requests made by your line manager.
- To be flexible with overtime where needed to support the department.
- Assist and participate with your appraisal, provide feedback and adopt clear personal development plans.
If you think you have the skills and experience required for this role, please forward your CV and covering letter, together with why you have applied, what you can bring to the role and your current salary package to firstname.lastname@example.org.